logic combi 30 banging and gasping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have a logic combi 30 and its broke down at least once a month for a year with same problems. It now been banging and gasping since 9:30pm (i filled it so I could get a shower wish I hadnt bothered and kept the flies as mates LMFTO) I have 5 kids and its woke them up (attic bedrooms and boilers in kitchen) no error codes as yet I have to fill it to 1 bar at least once a day and its started again. Think the usual plumbers keeps fobbing me off by just changing a part and off he goes 3 week later hes back. HELP MY BOILER KEEPS ME, MY KIDS AND NEIGHBOURS UP ALL NIGHT WITH IT FLIPPING BANGING AND PRESSURE GAUGE RAVING AWAY!!!!!! X PLEASE HELP AS MANUAL STATES NAFF ALL X :confused: It carnt be through lack of use! Nowt makes sound go!

Sponsored Links
Pressure vessel is very suspect there!
If that's gone and/or undersized then the chances are that the Pressure relief valve is cream crackered as well.
I'm guessing by the '5 kids' and 'attic bedrooms' [plural] that you may have more rads than the boilers own vessel can cater for so an additional vessel may be required anyhow.
Try an unusual plumber because those usual ones :rolleyes: don't seem to have much of a clue so far.

Cheers. Warmfront had a company fit it and ever since they did if ground floor radiators work none of the 2nd or 3rd floor work so i have the top floors and use gas fire for down stairs. Its y we used a different company to stop being stupidly fobbed off with i ant got right tool to sort it but he fiddles with boiler changes a part and makes out ive filled it wrong i told him last time i dont believe its just that part cos it breaks down again 3-4wks later with same thing. Since summer hes been 7-8 times to change same part but its still banging now. Normally the banging doesnt last this long x

I have 7 radiators but 5 on middle and top combined cos downstairs ones never work x

Sponsored Links
Do you know what the part is called that he keeps changing?

Any combi should be able to handle 7 rads without needing an extra vessel but from the info I see before me the pressure vessel is still the most likely cause.

Logics are a fairly recent boiler so it might just need pumping up rather than replacing or adding another vessel then.

Don't try this yourself as it is not a straight forward procedure and it's within the boiler casing so you would be putting yourself at risk.

BRADFORD BD3 pressure gauge and sommat and then a part that send hot water upstairs (if they dont and i run water upstairs boiler shuts down again x

Weve been using tuke heating as the new company to fix it x

We need a bit more precise information to be able to help but it looks like you have a new outfit on the job so hopefully they will be better than the last lot.

Just joined british gas boiler repair care that includes central heating. They have advised I switch it off by mains until they can send me an engineer. ive turned it off and its still banging and rattling through house x ill make sure I write down part for next time LMFTO thenbeforethey set of to me ill tell em what to bring lol x

Joining a BG repair care scheme seems to me like throwing money away - isn't your boiler still under warranty? Ideal should be sorting this if it's a boiler issue, you shouldn't need to pay a penny

If it's not under warranty then that's hard luck, they were giving five year warranties away with the Logics for quite some time. Just out of interest, how much is the BG scheme costing you? Does it include the repair on your existing fault?

£9 per month and inclues labour upto £1000 the warrenty was voided due to warmfront company fitting it wrong first time round. U know they find loop holes for everything now a days tuke heating no joy so instead of paying a hefty call out fee. Google kept saying BG and it covered me straight away barring a 48 admin process x

Unfortunately it doesn't surprise me that Ideal have wriggled their way out of their warranty, my experience of them is that they will look for any excuse not to work on their boilers under warranty. Of course, with yours it may be a genuine issue, and without seeing it I can't comment on your specific case.

Your BG deal includes labour, which is good, but does it also include parts? If it does then I think you've got yourself a very good deal, and well worth having on these boilers, it will probably save you a lot of money

What did they say was the install defect for voiding the warranty?

There are a lot of installers both in here and the closed section that would be interested to know.

Sorry if I you said and I missed it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back