Isolating Ideal Logic+ 30 Combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have an ideal logic+ combi 30 that slowly loses pressure over a week.

A while ago I tied off the prv outlet with a bag to prove it wasn't passing and it doesn't appear to be.

Next I want to isolate the boiler as I've a couple of days where it won't be used.

IMG_20240526_102249_edit_1633277255457031.jpg

Am I correct in thinking turning the 3 valves marked to the position there in now will isolate the boiler? All 3 were vertical originally and I know the front blue and black are the filling loop and the yellow the gas so it's none of those 3.

That leaves the 3 I've turned today but I've a feeling I actually only needed to turn 2 of them?

Would I be correct in thinking if I still loose pressure now then it's something internal to the boiler that's failing?

Thanks
Chris

Sponsored Links
The 2 black outer pipe valves will isolate the flow and returns. If you set the pressure and then isolate both valves and the pressure still drops then it's internal to the boiler - if it holds and then drops when the F&R valves are opened then the drop is out on the system somewhere.

If those valves are moved after boiler has been in use for a while like ideal in the picture ( early model) there is no guarantee the valve will close, handle moves but valve spindle does not or valve does not isolate completely

Pressure gauge on flow indicates early ideal logics

Those 2 valves on flow & return appear to be closed, assuming (as DP says) they're working properly.

The blue valve is mains cold inlet, which is also in the closed position, if it is closed, no water will come out of hot taps.

Reactions: DP
Sponsored Links
If those valves are moved after boiler has been in use for a while like ideal in the picture ( early model) there is no guarantee the valve will close, handle moves but valve spindle does not or valve does not isolate completely

Pressure gauge on flow indicates early ideal logics

You were right, following your post I thought I'd remove the filling loop and sure enough with the valve 'closed' it's still passing water. I removed the tap and closed the valve with a spanner and it's still the same so I guess I'll need to source a new valve for it to conduct the experiment correctly.

Thanks
Chris

Reactions: DP

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back