Hive Install to Ideal Logic Combo 30

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Having some trouble getting my new Hive thermostat to control my boiler. I have an Ideal Logic 30 and have install a 5 core into the Hive receiver and ran the L,N&E into the boiler supply. I've then ran cables from the common (1) & Heating on (3) into the thermostat connection in the boiler (following removal of a red link). The receiver powers on and connects to the thermostat but the thermostat won't control the boiler. I've tried various different suggestions on this forum but cannot get it to work. For reference I have Ideal Logic RFT1 mechanical timer already installed and the batteries removed from the existing thermostat.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Attachments

• tempImagehh3rRy.png
    tempImagehh3rRy.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 115
  • tempImagewoFcij.png
    tempImagewoFcij.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 102
  • IMG_2574.jpg
    IMG_2574.jpg
    370.8 KB · Views: 88
  • tempImageFy8fxX.png
    tempImageFy8fxX.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 111
Sponsored Links
Your wiring looks ok.
There don't appear to be any LEDs illuminated on the RFT1, was it working correctly before you went to install the Hive?

Thermostat was working ok beforehand. No lighting up now apart from for a few seconds when the boiler powers up

The manual for the boiler shows that the RFT1 is on a low voltage timer connection.

Screenshot_20231014-153808_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

That means there may be a bit more going on with the circuit, rather than being able to just bridge out a connector on the RFT1.

Can you dissconnect the RFT1 completely, by pulling out the connector on the back, and see what happens?

Sponsored Links
Your wiring doesn't quite follow the diagram I've found...

Screenshot_20231014-160922_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

For the time being, you could try connecting your grey and black wiring to the thermostat, to the "frost stat" terminals - that should also bypass the RFT1.

EDIT: re-examining your wiring, I'm pretty confident that the RFT1 is bridging the frost-stat connections when it is calling for heat anyway.
Hopefully, that will work!

Last edited:
Definitely selected heating on the front of the boiler as opposed to hot water only?

That seems to have done the trick! Tried it very quickly before heading out but all seems to work!

Thank you so much for your help!

Definitely selected heating on the front of the boiler as opposed to hot water only?
Yes double checked all that. Connecting into frost stat terminals seem to have done the trick

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Your wiring doesn't quite follow the diagram I've found...

View attachment 317049

For the time being, you could try connecting your grey and black wiring to the thermostat, to the "frost stat" terminals - that should also bypass the RFT1.

EDIT: re-examining your wiring, I'm pretty confident that the RFT1 is bridging the frost-stat connections when it is calling for heat anyway.
Hopefully, that will work!
All seems to be working as it should. Thanks again for your help, very much appreciated!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back