Ideal Logic Plus 30 - price and quality?

Sponsored Links
Well if you really thought different you would be trying to counter what I had said with a proper rebuttal.

I'm driving. And you're arguing from the position of ignorance, so not much point.

It's obvious you've been called out by ideal for not following the MI's and have an axe to grind.

Also, I can hardly be accused of being an apologist for Ideal :LOL:

If the comments were ignorant then you would have countered with a reason as to why. It's a poor discussion technique to simply dismiss and something done when someone has no resonable argument.

With 40000 odd posts it seems you spend more time on here than you do out in the field buddy...

I've no axe to grind only a wish to see customers well informed.

By the way I think it's pretty ignorant to use your phone whilst driving.

Sponsored Links
There's nothing I can't fix on on Worcester in under 2 hours

Whoop de do. I can fix anything on an Intergas or Atag in half an hour, usually have the parts with me as they're easy enough to diagnose remotely and take with. If not just call in under warranty.

more than can be said for Atag and intergas

Intergas and Atag parts are not expensive and easily enough available next day. Perhaps you should look at the price lists as you obviously know not what bits cost for them.

Also, at least Worcester have their own employed engineers,

They do have their own engineers as I implied before. Some might even post here on occasion ;).

with quick response times.

On the odd occasion I have had need for a warranty call it has always been next day.

And at least they employ their own engineers - more than can be said of Atag and Intergas.

Again.... ignorance.

Intergas parts are ridiculously expensive

Demonstrate this... they're not I have the parts lists and, were you a contributing part of the forum rather than just her to bang your drum you would know where to find them and check.

They might have employed engineers in your area but that would certainly be an exception

Why is my area an exception? You don't know what engineers they have that cover your area... Neither do I, btu I don't particularly care. the boilers hardly ever go wrong in my experience and when they have they have been dealt with quickly and efficiently. I would also suggest I cover a much larger geographic area than you. Sum 30000 square miles. That's installation and service by the way.

Yeah they don't need many because hardly any are installed

Do you have figures? No, that's called arguing from the point of ignorance.

when someone has no resonable argument

:LOL:

I've no axe to grind

Then why hit every Ideal Logic thread you could with the same diatribe about customers warranties being revoked hen the job is not to standard? I have no love lost fro Ideal or Wooshitter, Or Faillant or indeed many other manufacturer's, but I don't go LOOKING for threads to spam. I'll bring it up as and when a thread arises if it is a reasonable thing to do.... Spamming threads that are over 3 years old is just stupid.

As for posting whilst driving. Again you know not where, how and why I am driving. My posts were brief because my stops were brief. Now I'm in the office chuckling at how silly your rants are.

Very few engineers will carry Intergas parts. PartsCentre don't stock Intergas. Worcester parts are cheaper than Intergas. I personally like to fix customers boilers same day not wait for parts to come in from feeder. They don't have their own engineer in my area, I'm aware of this because I know the contracter they use.
I hardly ever see an Intergas boiler installed - there is a reason for that - because NO ONE fits them....
Thankfully I don't have to cover thousands of square miles - I'm not that desperate for work.
As previously stated - I'm just trying to make customers aware of Ideals short comings so they don't get caught out.

I'm not that desperate for work.

Me neither, but I like my customers and when they move they tend to want me to carry on looking after them. One example being a lady that moved from Putney to Didcot. Insisted that I install and service the new boiler (an Atag Q) in their new rather large house. Was a nice week's work in the summer.

Again arguing from ignorance.

Have you looked at those price lists yet?

No, it took a day or so... the rest of the cylinder, UFH, controls, gas line and commissioning took a week. I don't sling Ideals and Wooshitter's at the wall.

Have you looked at those price lists yet? Or are you going to carry on arguing from the standpoint of not knowing WTF you're going on about?

Quality? From my own experience, horrific. Of the five Logics (two Combi, three System) we currently have on our books (none of them fitted by us), four of them have broken down at some point, with one of those four being DOA out of the factory and I'm attending it again now for a second breakdown. Three of them are only 18 months old, of which one is the one that's broken twice. Good luck...

I think any boiler is a lottery where odds get worst as instal quality heads for the gutter.
Have fitted half a dozen Ideal Vogues, maintain these also, two for family members so my neck on the block there. Touch wood, nil issues so far

People keep mentioning Isar Icos debacle but they forget the numbers installed and installed very badly. There are many Isar Icos boilers that keep on working without a hitch and there are far more of these models fitted than some other brands so some failures do raise the red flag. Every boiler will play up at some time during its life if it has been serviced with a Flue Gas Analyser only. Went to a Worcester 37CDi that sopped working- turned out boiler not serviced since it was installed. Leaking heat exchanger. This is a Plumbers choice boiler according to advertisement, so why should it go belly up after 5 years

Have a look at the baxi duo-tec's. now come with a 7 year warranty! i know of 5 people incuding myself who have the 28kw. no reported problems as yet, oldest boiler is nearly 6 years old. only issue we have had is the batteries going flat on the wireless stat!

Jamesie, even this 'Bismarck quality' boiler dives to the sea bed if boiler does not get serviced or system water is not spotless. Attended one such clone from Baxi Potterton group, boiler now 27 months old (two year warranty), needs a diverter cartridge as it is shot.

Personally, design is dated

Am I count to spam every thead?

No boiler is perfect but Wocester are easy to fault diagnose, easy to fix, their technical team pick up calls within seconds and their after service is far better than all other manufactures.... And at least they employ their own engineers - more than can be said of Atag and Intergas.

Have to say they have some good people on their technical help desk, answer time is good, but I would like to kick the fat ass I spoke to last time who really had no helpful advice to offer other than how say many boilers he had fixed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back