Ideal logic plus

sine 18, a lot older than 10 years.

he didnt say it was a sine 18, just similar. So its probably a vcwgb in which case no reason why it wont last another 10 yrs if properly taken care of. Longer than any Ideal condenser is likely to last.

Thanks mate

You are correct the pic is not of my boiler but I found it on another thread and the connection s look very similar I took a guess at ten years old so I will not argue with you about the old girls age.

I will check where you mentioned tomorrow evening when I am back at the house trying to do a bit more before we move in

Sponsored Links
Christ that's a swap! Ripping out a Vaillant and putting an Ideal in....Bit like taking the round wheels off your car and sticking square ones on.....

Sponsored Links
Seeing this post is about wrapped up, i'd like to say, i love the ideal 24 HE, i believe i now know most problems, cheap 2nd hand for YOUR parts, ford fiesta to me.

IF i do anything gas wise, then a service is due
:!:

No YOU don't know what your talking about - Ideal have a reputation for producing mainly rubbish in the last ten years - logic has been out for less than a year so YOU don't know if it will be any good.

OP Don't be a crash test dummy - go for a product that has been out for a while and is tried and tested from a company with a good reputation - Simple!

No YOU don't know what your talking about - Ideal have a reputation for producing mainly rubbish in the last ten years - logic has been out for less than a year so YOU don't know if it will be any good.

OP Don't be a crash test dummy - go for a product that has been out for a while and is tried and tested from a company with a good reputation - Simple!

I have to agree here the Ideal Logic is not proven and has not been tested enough in the field.

Yes they have some good reviews but its early.

Saying that though

Ideal =100 engineers?
Warmsure = 300 engineers

Worcester = 300 engineers?

Vaillant = 200 engineers

Baxi
Ravenheat
ect
ect
ect

All boilers break down and normally its your own experiance that says if its a good boiler or not.

Many forums are filled with Ideal love though :)

JJ

"Violence is the last act of a limited mind."

maybe, but ohhhhhh so satisfying when you Tw**t some supercilious clever dick right between the eyes, and then finish off with -

"there are no such things as invisible pipes, understand now"

Ideal, the OP would not cause his friend to lose his gas safe reg. If his plumber mate decides to go down that road, he is making a rod for his own back. I agree that the Vaillant is a good bit of kit, but TBH I would opt for a replacement. Not an Ideal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back