Ideal logic plus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry it's me again

After I sort out the pipe work I want to move the boiler but will get a plumber mate to do the gas. I currently have a Vaillant Combi about 10 years old and have been told to ditch it rather than move it. A friend has recommended an Ideal Logic plus as he has fitted a few and think they are the business ( I know about Ideal's recent history). I have seen one on demo in my local Plumb Centre and can get it for £634 if I drop the vat ;)

Do you think I should chance moving the old as I could with spending the money on the new kitchen or bathroom or buy the ideal ?

Thanks again

Sponsored Links
you can not hang the bracket fit the flue put boiler on wall or connect the gas, id fit the ideal

Thanks for the advice but why can't I do everything bar the gas my mate will check it and sign it off when it's done. I can use the rems on all of the pipe work and whilst not being a plumber I can do a fair bit

Thanks for the reply

Sponsored Links
what vaillant boiler is it?

I honestly don't know there is nothing written on it and the previous owners did not leave a manual.

It's white in colour has two doors on it one covering up the temperature gauge and pressure gauge and the second opens up into the main guts itself. The doors open to the right and then if you unscrew the browny grey panel which covers over the gauges the pump behind it is silver in colour and says Vaillant and Grundfos on it. the boiler is a combi but is not condensing.

Bit vague I know sorry

Nicked this pic from another post but the pipework is very similar
leak.jpg

Sounds like a VCW GB There might be a data plate under the front centre.
Decent boiler. Probably a little older than 10yrs though.

...Do you think I should chance moving the old as I could with spending the money on the new kitchen or bathroom or buy the ideal ?

The boiler you have is a fantastic bit of kit (and I am not a Vaillant fan). If you move and look after it, it will most likely outlive a new Oxymoron. Sorry, I mean outlive an Ideal.

sine 18, a lot older than 10 years. why on earth would you want to move it, then rip it out again very shortly but hey carry on!

you put you "friend" at risk of loosing his gassafe licence if his does that for you, an if he carn't work, carn't pay his mortgage etc i think he will be very cheesed with, thats after he gets out of jail because the "flue you fitted" was spilling!

the law is there for a reason :rolleyes:

...Do you think I should chance moving the old as I could with spending the money on the new kitchen or bathroom or buy the ideal ?

The boiler you have is a fantastic bit of kit (and I am not a Vaillant fan). If you move and look after it, it will most likely outlive a new Oxymoron. Sorry, I mean outlive an Ideal.

That's good to hear I could save a few quid then :D

sine 18, a lot older than 10 years. why on earth would you want to move it, then rip it out again very shortly but hey carry on!

you put you "friend" at risk of loosing his gassafe licence if his does that for you, an if he carn't work, carn't pay his mortgage etc i think he will be very cheesed with, thats after he gets out of jail because the "flue you fitted" was spilling!

the law is there for a reason :rolleyes:

Ok I get your point fair enough. He would have used a sniffer on the flue though

The pic btw is not of my boiler but one with similar pipe work I am not at the house at the minute but will check to see what model it is.

sine 18, a lot older than 10 years.

he didnt say it was a sine 18, just similar. So its probably a vcwgb in which case no reason why it wont last another 10 yrs if properly taken care of. Longer than any Ideal condenser is likely to last.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back