Ideal Logic Plus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know that Ideal boilers have been discussed (and rubbished) in past posts.

However I understand that the Ideal Logic Plus (30Kw) has been out for some time now, so I wanted to ask for opinions on it, as I have been offered this model boiler for a new central heating system I am having installed.

Sponsored Links
I know that Ideal boilers have been discussed (and rubbished) in past posts.

However I understand that the Ideal Logic Plus (30Kw) has been out for some time now, so I wanted to ask for opinions on it, as I have been offered this model boiler for a new central heating system I am having installed.

Fitted a few and have one in my own house.

Was sceptical at first but gave them a go and so far i am very happy and so are my customers.

Easy to fit and commision. 5 year warranty with the plus.
Would recommend.

Regards

Sponsored Links
id prefer to nail my testicles to the worktop with a paslode gun rather than fit an ideal. take note of the way ideal have been rubbished, it wasnt just for fun.

Ok lets talk about this wonderful warranty .............................Its not worth the paper its been written on with ideal they are known for the dodgy way they behave with customers

Let me set you a little test just phone them up on monday and say you have Isar boiler which is under warranty and is totally dead ,see how you are treated ,it will be like a pariah and then you will understand the "IDEAL WARRANTY"

his boiler has not been out a long time and has been on offer at plumbcenter with them giving copper tube away and all sorts to try and shift them ,I will not inflict this boiler ron any of our customers when there is a whole load of kit which is far superior out there

Some installers are putting these boilers in because they are cheap as chips and so beating other installers prices ,this is not a realistic comparision ie trying to compare a LOGIC with vaillant for example.

Obviously the professional installer will be dearer because the decent boiler is alot more expensive to buy

You will never get something for nothing,so its upto you ,just try the test i mentioned you will see ,we meet ideal customers all the time and see how upset they are

im not a fan(far from it) but mark my words Ideal have grown up and switched on.

All the good MD's from vaillant have departed and joined Ideal, in doing this Vailllants customer and installer support has gone to rats.Ideals will improve mark my words.

These boilers are hand assembled in the uk,the pcb is built by computer and compared inch by inch to a pre photo'd and manufactured board,if its not identical its binned.The isar pcb problem will not be repeated.

Only fitted one and honestly couldnt fault it,much to my annoyance.
Would say only issue is ideals reputation and the look of the thing is not clever.

All merchants are doing the copper offer,but has been said it doesnt compare to a decent vaillant,atag,baxi even.

They don't deserve any business. They have littered the houses of the British public with unreliable sh1tboxes for the last 10yrs and done everything they can to avoid fixing them or taking any responsibility for their horrendous design flaws. I don't care if its gold plated, I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. Plenty of boilers out there with proven reliability for similar money.

I fitted the 24kw today, the customer supplied the boiler and it did appear to be good, but would I supply one myself? NO WAY It was nice to have the experience of fitting one but the way they have treated customers in the past is terrible, I have had the phone put down on me, been spoken to very rudely by a female on the tech support because I didn't agree with her, she said pcb I said gas valve! I asked for voltages, she said no need you stupid man, listen to me it is the pcb, when i finally got the voltages of her and happily said it was the gas valve she put the phone down!

So yeah Ideal have a reputation as a warm caring company, who's parts are nice and cheap to replace NOT. Now we might all grow to love the logic and I hope it does save Ideal, but that company has some serious making up to do with a lot of people!

I remember when the Isars/Icos first came out. A lot thought they were brilliant, me included.

Then after about 18 months all the problems started to appear.

So basically I think you are all too quick to imply Ideal have got a good one as yet.

Give it another 18- 24months and we will see.

I also clearly remember whilst at Hull training on the Isar M30100 etc, that the trainer told us that these boilers had also been out on field trials for a while and were very reliable :rolleyes:

i have only been to 2 logic's
faulty isolation valve other flue incorrectly fitted.

My worry is, is that was the type of comment from Ideal engineers when the Isar/Icos first came out.

None of mine, around 100-120 installs, were a problem until about 18 months down the line, then suddenly just over a 40% failure rate.

Been fitting them since they came out. Had two problems (found during install) 1. Fan dead. 2. Condensate trap cracked.

Called out Ideal who responded within 24 hours and carried out the repairs.

Never had any word from customers complaining of breakdowns and only praise for the boiler when I go to service them.

Just about covers it for me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back