logic combi 30 hot water problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

i have googled this problem and looked on here with no real answer,

My water upstairs in the bathroom will run hot for about 30 second to a minute then it suddenly goes cold if i turn the taps/shower off for say 1-2 minutes it will do the same again i cant seem to find a fault or understand why it is doing this, It is mainly when showering (the shower runs of the taps and is not electric) but it does happen with the taps to, everywhere else in the house seems to work fine, water stays warm when running taps in the kitchen sink,radiators are all working with no cold spots and nothing else is running at the time other than the central heating, (but it does still happen when central heating is of as well) any ideas what may be wrong please,

thanks

Sponsored Links
Probably flow turbine, common on ideal logics, when getting intermittent hot water.

Gas safe engineer recommended.

It could be the flow to the shower. If its not drawing enough water it'll overheat and the boiler will go out. Is the shower head clean ? Try turning the shower on and open a hot tap, if boiler stays on its the shower.

Could be a thermistor or furred up SS plate heat exchanger.
You need a GS RGI.

Sponsored Links
I thought the Logic were very reliable and thats why they are offering 7 years guarantee.
I fit a fair few and find them as reliable as any other make/model at present.

I thought the Logic were very reliable and thats why they are offering 7 years guarantee.
They're ok, apart from the cracking heat exchangers, dripping diverter valves, dodgy pressure sensors, sticking flow turbines....

They still have their problems, as do many of the other brands on the market.
And one of the common problems is the turbine.
If the boiler has been regularly serviced and the history been documented.
You can call an ideal engineer to come fix it FOC, providing it is a boiler issue and within warranty.

Just out of curiosity what s actually involved in a service?

My wonderful and sadly now retired Engineer use to spend a good 45 minutes opening up the boiler and cleaning it. Now I use the same company I have boiler cover with and they just hook it up to a machine and say its operating great and are off in 15 minutes.

I am not saying one is right and the other is wrong but what is actually involved in a service if your boiler is running fine?

These days thE engineer may just inspect a few parts and test it with a flue analyser and be done in 30 mins.

The manual will specify what is needed during servicing.

These days thE engineer may just inspect a few parts and test it with a flue analyser and be done in 30 mins.

The manual will specify what is needed during servicing.

(mods please stop me if this thread is going off topic)

So lets say you have a boiler and you get it serviced and in the service the Engineer finds a fault would this then be covered by those manufacturers who give extra warranty like Ideal, or would you have to fix the fault at the service at your cost and then any subsequent fault would be covered by Ideal?

The Ideal Logic range of boilers are great. Oh they've had some problems, but nothing that can't be easily repaired. The company where I'm gainfully employed installs 100s & have only had a handful of problems.

If you know the boiler, like me, you'll live installing, servicing & repairing them.
It's great to see a wonderful British product.

Service on these will require visual inspection of boiler/flue, fan taking out and clean venturi, burner removing and inspect/washing the main heat engine, removal and cleaning of trap, gas rate. This is a minimum you should get. Usually takes me twenty minutes (half an hour if i get tea and biscuits).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back