London Van users - The Low Emission Zone rules

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In a nutshell almost any (diesel) van over a tonne and manufactured after 2001 will probably not pass the LEZ rules round here unless they are modified at great expense with a filter.

Anyone familiar with Zone 6 travel cards will be exempt from using the van inside the zone unless they pay a daily charge of - wait for it - £100.

An interactive map

http://trafficalerts.tfl.gov.uk/microsite/tn2007-map.php?lez&easting=546420&northing=200746

I've just retaxed my van for a year and then realised I probably not be able to use it on half my area in 7 months time. The cost of modifying my vehicle is more than it's currently worth (stop sniggering).

This site gives you most of the data but it has still to be updated fully

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/lez/

You can also find out about the Euro IV emission changes at your local garage that carries out MOTs

Rules come in on January 3rd next year so either think carefully about retaxing your 'old' van, or start looking at trading it in.

Sponsored Links
My 07 renault trafic is euro 4 and compliant for jan 2012, mind you its not an old banger......yet!

Sponsored Links
Looking at the second link there, it seems to me that many councils in London will be paying £100 per vehicle per day. Lorries, Gritters, Bin Wagons etc are all affected. An ill thought out plan really. Suppliers, should really boycott all deliveries into the capital, or make the customer pay the LEZ charge (probably already doing this). Mark my words, in a few years time, all vehicles will be covered by the LEZ, including cars.

there should be a "London Only" forum for you lot to blather on to each other on !!!! :rolleyes:

I had the misfortune to travel there frequently, when working for a shopfitting company (driving a 7.5 tonne lorry) Used to set off at silly o clock to get there early enough to miss the rush hour. Sat nav would lose satellites in the centre (high buildings etc) Large roundabouts were a nightmare to navigate in heavy traffic. Parking was almost impossible (Nigerians in parking enforcement uniforms everywhere) Try and avoid the congestion zones, low bridges, width limits etc. Once took me well over 4 hours to get from Clapham, to North London during the rush hour. A nightmarish place at the best of times. ;) ;)

Looking at the second link there, it seems to me that many councils in London will be paying £100 per vehicle per day. Lorries, Gritters, Bin Wagons etc are all affected. An ill thought out plan really. Suppliers, should really boycott all deliveries into the capital, or make the customer pay the LEZ charge (probably already doing this). Mark my words, in a few years time, all vehicles will be covered by the LEZ, including cars.

I doubt council vehicles would be affected by any tax? As any tax paid would go to the council? To refund their use?

I doubt council vehicles would be affected by any tax? As any tax paid would go to the council? To refund their use?
The charge is paid to TfL (Transport for London), not the local council. Council vehicles will have to pay the charge if they do not add any required filters to bring their older vehicles up to standard. Some vehicles may have to be replaced.

Councils may look at the replacement costs in the current climate and think, cheaper to pay the levy than replace at the moment. Council's don't spend their own money. They spend Our Money. ;) ;)

I had the misfortune to travel there frequently, when working for a shopfitting company (driving a 7.5 tonne lorry) Used to set off at silly o clock to get there early enough to miss the rush hour. Sat nav would lose satellites in the centre (high buildings etc) Large roundabouts were a nightmare to navigate in heavy traffic. Parking was almost impossible (Nigerians in parking enforcement uniforms everywhere) Try and avoid the congestion zones, low bridges, width limits etc. Once took me well over 4 hours to get from Clapham, to North London during the rush hour. A nightmarish place at the best of times. ;) ;)

Well read a map for starters.
Since when were roundabouts larger or smaller than where you come from any different?
Parking in any city centre is dire.
You say your a delivery driver over distance and have come across as having no idea of logistics............

You say your a delivery driver over distance and have come across as having no idea of logistics............

I've never seen a 7.5 tonne driver that has in my days of driving. :rolleyes:
think thats why they removed the category c1 from a basic license. ;)

Sponsored Links
Back