Long dishwasher waste run

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having decided to go for a combined fridge freezer we now have space for a dishwasher. There is no problem with the feed for the cold water and power but the sink is quite a way away, is there a maximum length for the drainage hose and is it ok to run it along the ground?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
no max length, but it must always have a fall after the stand pipe, so no it can not run along the ground as it will have no fall

Sponsored Links
Ok, perhaps I wasn't clear. To run the waste pipe from the dishwasher at height would cause me problems as it would need to go behind an oven. I was wondering if I could run an extended waste pipe from the dishwasher, along the ground underneath the kitchen units then up to the drainage pipes underneath the sink. The final connection would be above the standpipe but most of the waste hose would be running along the ground until it gets to the sink where it would need to loop up. I appreciate your help mate, would this work?

I may not fully understand what you mean by fall (I thought I did) but to my mind it means the water must go down to the standpipe and not up to it, am I on the right lines here?

wont work / bad idea.

a person jumps off a cliff, what are they doing?

they are falling. (apart from either commiting suiside or a murder victim)

water must continioulsy fall till it gets to the the outside waste (it then falls more but that not your worry)

If you run the pipe along the floor it will fill up and some may get out the other end. But it will more than likely just sit there, or worse still back feed / flow

If you install a stand pipe, after the u bend it must fall (see above) all the way till it gets outside. Doesn't matter how it gets to its final detination, so long as all the way it is falling

You can also join in to the existing waste with a T piece, but it must be at the "bottom".

for the cost of push fit pipe, i would change the whole lot.

a new t piece to connect to the existing and a new trap for the new appliance.

does that make sense?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back