Wasing Machine - Long Waste Run

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Advice needed please! I am intending moving my washing machine to understair cupboard adjacent to kitchen to make way for a dishwasher.

Question I have is that the waste pipe length is now going to be about 3.5 metres to the sink trap, do I run the waste pipe along at floor level frm the washing machine under all the kitchen units and then up at the end into the sink unit as it is now or do I need to do something different?

Is it ok to position the machine this far from the sink?

Sponsored Links
geordie169 said:
Is it ok to position the machine this far from the sink?
I have a dishwasher with about the same length drain hose. It's been running approx 7 years now without any problems. I had the same concerns when it was installed, and according to the manual you can't do it. It does load the pump more I suppose, as there is more "head" of water to push out. But if you run it at floor level from the machine and then up at the end, as you suggest, and as I have done, then it should be ok.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back