Long vertical flue run

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i live in a tall terraced town house and need to replace an old potterton boiler but have a long vertical flue run of just over 11 metres. The only boiler I can see that will do this is a keston which everyone here says not to touch so can anyone suggest anything else that will take that run? Investigated all the possibilities of relocating the boiler but it's rubbish design of the house that won't allow it.

Sponsored Links
Bit more info about your "old Potterton boiler" needed - there are many models of old Potterton boiler. Is it a system/combi/heat only? What is the rated output? Just a model number would suffice....

ATAG offer a twin pipe solution, there are others.

Sponsored Links
The only boiler I can see that will do this is a keston which everyone here says not to touch

Look on this very forum around ten years back and the 'pro's' were describing Keston as the second coming.

They then went behind the Broag Avanta, that was a turd as well.

Frankly, this forum has got a bad track record for selecting durable boilers.

It's an HE150. Thanks
Ooh, a Powermax, what fun! It's not that old though, 10 years at the most. The most similar boiler on the market to what you have is Viessmann's 222-W. This can be fitted with 13m of vertical flue when using their 80/125 flue system

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back