What boilers are compatible with long (c 7 meter) flues?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to change my system boiler but have a very long (about 7 meter) flue.
My preference would be a Worcester Bosch 30cdi but one plumber has told me that due to my flue length I'd need a Keston. I've read horrible reviews on Keston boilers. Has anyone used one?
And can anyone recommend a good quality boiler that can work with long flues? (I understand Worcester Bosch's can only work with up to 6.4m flues.
Thanks[/i][/u]

Sponsored Links
I dont know about other boilers but personally i primarily fit ATAG boilers which, imo, are one of the best boilers money can buy, and you can use exceptionally long flue lengths using the twin flue option. I'm currently installing one with approximately 12m of outlet flue no problem.

Thanks, I will make a note of that. Is it easy to get spare parts for ATAGs in case anything goes wrong?

Sponsored Links
The Vaillant 831 ecotec plus has a maximum flue length of 8 metres (60/100), you can also upsize the flue to 80/125mm which will give you a max of 29 metres
The 837 has a max flue length of 5.5m (60/100 Flue) but 80/125 will give a max of 32 metres ;)

How much could I expect to pay for an ATAG system boiler+new flue? I'm not sure which specific model I'd need. My current boiler is a Vokera Mynute 28se in case that helps.
Are ATAGs significantly more expensive than, say, Worcester Boschs? Would I be able to get a Worcester Bosch if my flue length is about 7 meters?
Many thanks for your insights.

atag boilers are comparable with most brands on price. Usually find the A series boilers cheaper than an equivalent WB and no question that its a far superior product. standard 5 yr gtee. Difficult to know what size you'll need, its possible your current boiler is oversized, how many rads do you have?
You'd be looking at the A320S or A200S depending on heat requirements.
The flues on Atags also tend to be a damn sight cheaper which on a job like yours could make a big difference. Vaillant and WB flue components are vastly overpriced imo.

I have 13 radiators so probably ATAG 320. I've just booked for an ATAG-approved installer to come next week for a quote.

Also, can I expect the cost of installing the boiler to be less if I am replacing the pipes in my flat anyway? I need to have all the pipes on my (screeded) lower floor replaced due to corrosion/bad construction. My current Vokera Mynute works fine but it's 10 years old and I am wondering whether there are synergies/cost savings in replacing it now when I have to change so many other things anyway. (ie could I save on the power flush?)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back