Parts advice

• Thread starter thisidentifiesme
  • Start date
get one of them to help then , your asking people for suitable parts when we are in front of a computer ( why not ask " mybuilders " for this advice ). don't know how much you expect to save by getting your own parts even with advice I've already given but obviously not what you wanted to hear.

If you are not willing to help perhaps refrain from posting a response? I have asked mybuilders too but thought this forum was more user friendly, clearly i appear to have been wrong.

I really don't understand what purpose such a non constructive and abrasive response serves.

Sponsored Links
As Agas has stated.

You need to check the permissible flue lengths for your boiler and allowable runs.

But really, if you had an RGI on board from the get go, he would know anyway. I can't see how a small merchants discount would compensate for the extra hassle your chosen path will cause you.

Snes thank you, as per the original post have checked with the 100mm it would only run 4.6m hence needing 80/125mm as that extends it up to 13m without an elbow and 11m with an elbow for the 25 or 30si.

The only clarity i needed is

Would the 80/125mm fit the boiler direct i.e. from the boiler to the ceiling and connected with an elbow to the extensions or is it a different size?

Can a horizontal flue that comes as part of the boiler packages be adapted to fit the end of an extension flue?

Hope that makes it clearer?

I understand the standard flues with these packs are also 100mm so how would that work at the end of the 80/125mm extensions?

I really don't understand what purpose such a non constructive and abrasive response serves.
so tell me what non constructive advice I've given :rolleyes: which would probably save you money in the end .

don't get anti because your not getting the answers you want and its a shame your being narrow minded to realise the answers you've been given so far

Sponsored Links
Very clear and concise. Thank you.

Now for the unhelpful bit. I appreciate you are only asking this advice so you can order the correct parts for your chosen RGI to eventually fit. But - because that advice would be gas related, no one on here would be allowed to give that advice, no matter how well intentioned.

I am sorry that this post doesn't help much.

so tell me what non constructive advice I've given :rolleyes: which would probably save you money in the end .

don't get anti because your not getting the answers you want and its a shame your being narrow minded to realise the answers you've been given so far

Telling someone to ask someone else when they've posted on this forum isn't helpful.
Constructive would be adding value to the original post and helping my knowledge.

There is no need to digress into other matters apart from the question someone has asked help with.

Constructive would be what SNES has posted i.e not abrasive and pointless.

Very clear and concise. Thank you.

Now for the unhelpful bit. I appreciate you are only asking this advice so you can order the correct parts for your chosen RGI to eventually fit. But - because that advice would be gas related, no one on here would be allowed to give that advice, no matter how well intentioned.

I am sorry that this post doesn't help much.

I appreciate that, thank you. I wasn't aware that would be the case but appreciate your time.

The rate you are going at fella, you will not get any advice. Some of the folk you are slagging have helped people in the past and will continue to do so in the future despite the fact that they will be depriving someone of a wage to fit a boiler

It is just that you do not like the advice given i.e. Get a pro in to do the work but you want the job done cheap but the installer to hold your hand also despite the fact he would only be hired to instal the system for you

Why not visit your friendly shop and get them to spec the boiler and parts. When an end user starts down this route, the job never completes to satisfaction

The rate you are going at fella, you will not get any advice. Some of the folk you are slagging have helped people in the past and will continue to do so in the future despite the fact that they will be depriving someone of a wage to fit a boiler

It is just that you do not like the advice given i.e. Get a pro in to do the work but you want the job done cheap but the installer to hold your hand also despite the fact he would only be hired to instal the system for you

Why not visit your friendly shop and get them to spec the boiler and parts. When an end user starts down this route, the job never completes to satisfaction

I haven't asked advice on whether I should or shouldn't use a pro.

I have clearly stated that is not a question, it will be a pro who is gas safe doing the work. Therefore no i don't appreciate this advice or comments questioning whether I may be "inclined to do the work myself" or that I may use someone who is not gas safe.

I fully appreciate SNES's responses as he is responding to the actual question not assumptions.

Job done cheap? Well yes however not at a substantial discount where someone skilled and has trained to be where they are is not earning a living.

Happy to pay labour at an appropriate rate.

This is why many don't feel comfortable on forum as you get some who feel it entitles them to patronise and make assumptions.

When asked a question or help, anything relating to assisting with the original question is appreciated, what is not appreciated is silly assumptions and patronising comments.

I will be deleting my account, what a shocking response to a bit of help.

Snes thank you for your help.

This is why many don't feel comfortable on forum as you get some who feel it entitles them to patronise and make assumptions.

what silly assumptions have i made ???

carry on the course your going and you will see what I'm saying and thats advice and not being patronising:confused::rolleyes:

Happy to pay labour at an appropriate rate

Do you think labour is the only consideration above the raw material cost?

Would love to see a TB008 compliant 5" flue run 6m horizontally across a living room will look and where the boiler ends up. :LOL:

And before you get your knickers in a twist and call my post rude and abusive, read my post very carefully.

BTW. Glad I refuse to fit those schitboxes. Because this job is a disaster in the making.

If i can also add my father has friends who own a plumbers merchants so can get a discount too which may help with cost. I wanted advice here as there are many who are skilled and have knowledge and would be able to give suitable advice relating to the question.
As said, any issues with client supplied parts will be the responsibility of the client. The client then normally feels any issues will be sorted by the supplier. Which should be true. But in the event of a problem there is always the question of liability. You will end up paying fees to someone who will blame the other party.
If you are big buds with a merchant then surely he would recommend an RGI?
Better than an online gamble, IMO.
Before hiring from MB do some Googling. It is your friend.:)

Oops. That was pointless. I missed the last half dozen posts and in particular where the OP sasdts he is buggering off.

Sigh. Just finishing bottle of Vodka before tomorrow s returtn to Blighty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back