Long wall mounted Bathroom cabinet install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
I have been asked by my wife to hang a larger long bathroom cabinet. I attempted to do this today with 2 kids running around me and got it up, only to find the wall is a million miles from plumb. I know I should have checked this... the cabinet is flush for half the length (top half) but by the bottom is floating an inch from the wall. This leads to it being unstable as it is unsupported.

What is the best and or easiest way to deal with this please.
The photo underplays how far this sticks out
PXL_20220911_180024222.MP.jpg

Sponsored Links
Hi there, I have been asked by my wife to hang a larger bathroom cabinet. I attempted to do this today with 2 kids running around me and got it up, only to find the wall is a million miles from plumb the cabinet it's flush for half the length (top half) but by the bottom is floating an inch from the wall. This leads to it being unstable as it is unsupported.

What is the best and or easiest way to deal with this please.View attachment 279316
You'd ideally be looking to get whoever did the plastering back in to sort their problem but expect that's long passed!

You will have to just shim it out and then either use an edging trim or silicone the gap.

Do you think there would be any mileage in chiseling out the high point just above the window ledge in a channel, so it seats a little deeper then shim and fill?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back