loo started filling slow .....any help much appreciated

L

lomond82

Good evening

I have a few things on my to do list and the first is my downstairs loo. the pressure normally is the sort that you put the cold water tap on and you can if not used to it get soaked. The toilet filled up great, no issues until last week. When flushing the toilet is seems to be very noisy and takes ages to fill up. at first I thought the wee valve thing wasn't fully open but it's fully open. next I tried the sink tap etc again but no the pressure is still as usual Ie very strong. in checking the tap pressure it did put a strange spin on the problem as the toilet then starts to fill up quicker like it used to. but next time you flush it's back to slow fill again.

what's the problem, any ideas or is this one for a plumber?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
take apart the ballcock and wash out the grit, scale and sediment.

Or if you prefer, fit a new one.

While it is off, open the supply to the pipe so it washes out loose material.

Sponsored Links
Quick note of thanks. Taken apart and cleaned out and it's now back filling up as it used to.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back