Looking at buying a flat roof house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking at a house for sale that has a flat top roof. I don't know anything about these types so that is my biggest hesitation for this purchase. I haven't been up there yet so I don't know what it looks like or where the water goes or anything like that. I can't even tell if this kind of house has an attic? It looks like if it did, it wouldn't be large enough to even move around.
Can you tell anything by these pictures? Is the roof even with the top of the shingle line or is it recessed a couple feet or what.
I will have the hosue inspected before buying, but should I have a roofer look at it too? Anything else I should look at for these types of roofs?

Thanks

232323232%7Ffp53689%3Evq%3D3847%3E%3A55%3E254%3EWSNRCG%3D3249%3B4%3B948345vq0mrj

232323232%7Ffp5364%3A%3Evq%3D3847%3E%3A55%3E254%3EWSNRCG%3D3249%3B4%3B949345vq0mrj

Sponsored Links
Hello jameshudson
It is a beautiful house. A reliable inspector such as InspectorD (member of the forum) will look at the roof as well as the rest of the house, and advise you on the roof.
There have been new products introduced that will hold on a flat roof but back when the mansard roof was popular you couldn't expect more than 5 years out of a flat roof.
Let us know how it turns out and thanks for the pictures!
pool services los angeles

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back