Looking for a new cordless drill.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My old cordless drill/screwdriver has packed up, or rather the charger has, and I'm looking for a new one. The old one was from ASDA about 4-5 years ago and has shown good service for the battering it's taken in that time so for £50 I can't complain.
Only need it for DIY, nothing to big or heavy like constructing a new shed or dormer etc.
Found this on Amazon and would like some opinions. Personally I think it would suit me fine as I have corded hammer drills if I need to do heavy stuff or drill walls/concrete etc.

What do you guys think?

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-Co...um-Ion+Batteries,+Green&qid=1588173784&sr=8-1

Sponsored Links
I've been looking at the same drill as my previous bosch is on it's last legs after 8+ years of hard DIY work.

Interested on feedback too.

I have Lidl’s Parkside one’s, they take a good hammering and are very decent imho.

Nearest Lidl to me is about 50-60 miles away but thanks for the reply.

Sponsored Links
Probably go with the Bosch then. Dewalt combi drills canbe had for £99.99 as well. I also have a worx which aren’t bad.

Last edited:
I've had that Bosch model for about 4 years now, and it's not missed a beat.

Struggles on our hard brick, but goes through everything else with no concerns, and the batteries, although small, are more than adequate for DIY

I tend to use a corded hammer drill for brick/concrete unless I know it's soft brick/thermalite stuff.
Cheers Mikey.

I tend to use a corded hammer drill for brick/concrete unless I know it's soft brick/thermalite stuff.
Cheers Mikey.
So do I now! Got fed up of a 5mm hole taking 15min of sweat, and brought myself a DeWalt corded during lockdown

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back