Looking for a replacement Central Heating Timer (Ed.)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a Baxi Bermuda SL2 which is controlled by a TRAC TPE20. The TPE is playing up so I need to replace it. Any suggestions please would be appreciated. Reading online it seems a lot of controllers slot onto a back plate so if there’s a controller out there that would slot onto my TPE20 back plate, that would be great!
Thanks

Sponsored Links
A quick internet search suggests it is an industry standard backplate, so any offering these would suffice. Plenty on the market, so depends on what you want and how you want to control it, eg via phone. I know this is a 10, but should imagine similar?

TRAC TPE10 (03.04.5002.1) (240VAC 50Hz) TIMER
P1590195.jpg

Thanks CBW. So when I look at alternative models, what part of the specification will tell me that it’s an ‘industry standard’ timer?

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
CBW, someone on the Screwfix site is suggesting that if I use an LP522 I’ll need to change the backplate and swap 2 wires….

• Thanks
last time I bought a programmer, it came with a conversion chart for connections on old programmers you might be replacing, and by emailing the makers, they would provide the connections for lots of others.

It would have been a Honeywell or a Drayton.

I expect ACL Drayton will tell you for the LP.

So I’ve just fitted the new LP522 but the back plates weren’t compatible. Luckily it was a case of just transferring the wires from the terminals on the original back plate to the terminals on the new one. The boiler fired up initially and started sending hot water to the rads but then the boiler cut out but the pump kept going! Typical!! Bizarrely the boiler fires up for the hot water….

• Thanks
Photos from old and new instructions

Attachments

• IMG_7079.jpeg
    IMG_7079.jpeg
    339.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_7078.jpeg
    IMG_7078.jpeg
    302.3 KB · Views: 19
  • Thanks
Apologies, bit of a faux pas. Pumps are known for continuing, it’s called pump overrun. Are you saying one circuit isn’t working? Was the Trac set to gravity?

Yes, this little switch shown circled green

Attachments

• IMG_7081.jpeg
    IMG_7081.jpeg
    317.6 KB · Views: 14

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back