Looking for Help from a Baxi Expert

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok iv had a Baxi 105 HE instant in for around 18mts now, the boiler came with a std 1 year warranty however as the installers were Baxi approved it came with a further year giving me 2 years warranty, over the last six months i have had to keep toppin up the pressure, and over the last week or so iv been been checking and it is losing pressure daily to the point that i have pressured it cold to 1.5bar 5 days ago and when checked today it was on zero, people tell me that it must have a leak somewhere however iv checked every where and not the slightest leakanywhere, i was wondering if it has anything todo with the preheat/ instant hot water as when this comes on periodically through the day, night there is a gurgling sound heard through the rads, enough to be rather annoying at night. Any ideas ? and will i have to use the same installers for repair to get it sorted under warranty ?

Sponsored Links
people tell me that it must have a leak somewhere however iv checked every where and not the slightest leakanywhere

People are correct.

Have you checked the pressure relief pipe?

sie1uk said:
and will i have to use the same installers for repair to get it sorted under warranty ?
No if the fault lies with the boiler then phone Baxi and they will send a engineer around under warranty

where abouts is the relief valve ? is it the part next to the red twisty knob ? any diagrams to show me where ? if it is that is it an easy repair ? some one has mentioned that the noise from the rads could be the diverter valve, is this an easy repair ? any ideas of the cost of the parts ?

if it is the relief valve would ther not be quite alot of watert coming from it ? to lose that amount of pressure

Sponsored Links
The pipework from it is the 15mm pipe going outside to discharge safely..Put a bag over the end of the pipe outside and see if it fills with water. :?:

Does the extra year waranty sound right ? sure i had some literature from Baxi once the installer had registerd it for me stating the 2 year warranty but i am unable to find it now, the installer also said it was 2 years.

The second year warranty is almost always conditional on having the boiler serviced ( and documented ) at the end of the first year.

Any leak from the PRV is unlikely to be covered by the warranty as its cuased by dirt in the system water.

A leak from the system will definately not be covered by the waranty.

Tony

True what Tony says but if you get a decent bloke from Heatteam he'll just clean your prv, check the precharge on your EV and be on his way glad it was a quick job.

If you ring Baxi they will let you know your warrantie position from the serial number of the boiler which is on a data badge or on your blue benchmark log. (Which it sounds like you might have genuinly lost, I have old customers that lose all the paperwork, maybe it should be stuck to the side of the boiler, why is the world full of narcicists and hardly any utilitists left) I can't remember where the data badge is on your boiler it's like a car vin plate. Nope it's so long since I had one to sort out I just can't recall at all. We have great fun looking for them, and some, even when we find them are about as much use as a one legged man in a back side kicking contest.

IMVHO they should contain all the set up data for that boiler, have the date of manufacturer not just writen in code, but so that a layman can understand it, and should be readily accessible without the need to take the boiler half to bits and then stretch your neck and find a torch.
Since Baxi have had a kicking from watchdog your best tack is to get all angry customer with them, these boilers are crap I want a new one.

ok i have pressured the system back to 1.5bar cold, then switched on the heating and th epressure has gone right upto 2.7bar. the bag over the prv has filled with water so that looks like where the leak is.

3 Qs:

1. Is the PRV valve easy to repair, what parts and where to get them.
2. Does the big pressure change sound usual ? from cold to hot
3. The sound that i get through the rads when the preheat comes on, any ideas, mate said it could be the diverter valve, again is it easy to fix / parts and cost.

ANd where is best to get these parts from.

cheers in advance
simon

Dont jump to conclusions!

If the pressure is 2.7 bar then the PRV should be opening, thats its purpose.

I assume you mean it went up when the rads heated up.

Just noticed we have all missed that its an "instant". The expansion vessel is used as a mini heat store and they regularly fail every two years because the rubber diaphragm cannot manage the heat.

Just complain and say you dont expect it to fail so soon ( regardless of the warranty ) and you have heard from Poxi on a web site about them always failing prematurely and you want it fixed otherwise you will contact BBC Watchdog !!! They should come running to fix it for you.

Tony

Telephone!

Try 01926 405405 and ask for Tina in customer relations.

"""I dont expect it to fail so soon and I have heard from Poxi on a web site about them always failing prematurely and I want it fixed otherwise I will contact BBC Watchdog !!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back