Looking for rubber washers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I spent Friday morning going round plumbers merchants trying to find 100 of the following rubber washer 40mm outer diameter, 25mm inner diameter and 3mm thick (has to be exact). I have found one place that sells a pack of 2 for £1.00 + VAT but this seems rather excessive.

Ive looked all over the net but no luck

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
can you help my curosity by saying what you want to do with them and why the thickness is so important?

hi...

They are for a hydroponic system I am developing of which I need to seal 25mm compression glands onto the side of 20 litre buckets...I have 6 washers from a while back but am unable to trace them again

I had better not ask what you will be growing in these buckets.

Knowing nothing about these things, I dont see why you need such big pipes to each bucket.

Tony

Sponsored Links
the 25mm compression gland is perfect for a 1/2 internal diameter pipe, seals perfectly and cheaply (35p per gland) problem is getting the soft rubber washers to seal the gland nicely where it enters the bucket/s. I could use sealant like LSX but I am planning on selling these systems as kits so its a lot better if sealant isnt used

For the 3mm thick rubber I`d be looking at an industrial plumbing supplier-
rubber gasket material in sheets . Then for the holes I`d make or buy a wad punch of the correct size/s :idea: But then , if it`s only a 1off of 100 you need , that`d be expensive

Sorted it....

25mm open rubber grommits..the type electricians use..3.5p each + vat then push the male threads of the 25mm compression gland through the hole..tested it yesterday and staying bone dry :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back