odd sized tap washer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

This should be a simple job but I can't find the right sized tap washer anywhere! :rolleyes:

It's for a mixer tap (3 pipe type) - the washer looks fairly standard albeit on the small side. Flat black rubber washer with hole in the middle - outer diameter 12.5mm, hole diameter of 4mm and just over 3mm thick. It's probably imperial - 1/2" outside diameter x 5/32" hole x 1/8" thick.

Where can I buy a washer of this size from? :confused:

Bonus question - why is it that 3/8" washers aren't 3/8" no matter which way they are measured? :D

Sponsored Links
A plumbers merchant quite commonly stocks plumbing fittings from my experience.

They are to be found in the yellow pages under "plumber's merchants".

Perhaps I should have mentioned that I tried homebase, b&q, plumbing centre and another plumbing store without joy. Like I said, the washer seems to be an odd size! ;)

I don't think I'd describe the likes of B&Q as a plumbers' merchants. Probably somewhere like http://www.lunns.net/ would be more helpful.

Just a thought - :idea: It sounds about the size of washers in drain cocks :idea:
They have them in B&Q - at least the youth I saw in the plumbing section seemed to be a drain on resources, and talked a load of ......

Size of a 3/8 washer? Does the 3/8 refer to the nominal bore of the waterway through the tap, so a 3/8 bore plus, say, a 1/8 land to seat on would be about 5/8 dia washer?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back