Looking recommendations on home cctv

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've a large home and site and now looking for a home cctv system, possibly 8 cameras. Night vision and back recording thst I can view on my phone. I was briefly looking at some swan cameras online However looking at some reviews of it, people have been sending them back because of some issues although others are very happy with same product.

What I'll be looking is for something that I'll be able to view live, motion sensor that'll pick up anything in it's location and record. No issues with viewing any recordings etc..

Any recommendations on the product I'm looking to purchase.

Sponsored Links
Have Tapo 310 . Night vision, built in alarm if required, you can set sensor area, omit areas that might trigger false alarms , set virtual lines which will trigger if crossed in one direction or both. Audio , two way if required , view on phone , continuous recording if set, SD card also for recording .
I can also view on my tv . You could buy one , if happy just add more . Up to 2k video .
Connect via WiFi or cable , requires mains supply ( waterproof connection).

You need to determine what you want the camera to cover/identify.
Do you need supplementary lighting.
Cameras that use infra red have different ranges of coverage.
Poor lit areas tend to have poor images if not setup correctly.
Swann are a budget product.I would steer clear of Swann.
What record storage do you want.
Look at Hikvision range. ColorVu,Darkfighter are a good choice for a decent night vision.

Fitted a few Hikvision systems for family and friends, great kit and have had no problems.

They do a range of colour at night cameras Darkfighter and ColorVu

I have fitted some other cheaper makes but not a patch on Hikvision and I would steer clear of some of the “budget” brands.

Sponsored Links
You need to determine what you want the camera to cover/identify.
Do you need supplementary lighting.
Cameras that use infra red have different ranges of coverage.
Poor lit areas tend to have poor images if not setup correctly.
Swann are a budget product.I would steer clear of Swann.
What record storage do you want.
Look at Hikvision range. ColorVu,Darkfighter are a good choice for a decent night vision.

TY. No supplementary lighting apart from the front light that gets turn on/off . Other than that, there's nothing. I live in the countryside so no street lights either.

I don't know anything about the record storage. Can you explain this

Fitted a few Hikvision systems for family and friends, great kit and have had no problems.

They do a range of colour at night cameras Darkfighter and ColorVu

I have fitted some other cheaper makes but not a patch on Hikvision and I would steer clear of some of the “budget” brands.

A thousand euro would be my budget. Will look into the 8 cam kit they have.

Y9u need to choose the right camera if you have low light levels, otherwise you will see nothing in the early hours.
8 cameras would recommend 6/8 Tb hard drive.

A thousand euro would be my budget. Will look into the 8 cam kit they have.
As long as you buy the DVR / NVR with the required number of channels / camera inputs you can alway start with a few cameras and add further cameras at a later date.

There’s an old saying that I’m always aware of when buying goods “buy cheap, buy twice”

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back