Recommend 4x CCTV IP POE with recording

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Looking to fit around 4x CCTV cameras around my drive/back of house. Would like to use IP, with PoE if possible. Cameras should be high quality (HD?), with varifocal so coverage can be adjusted.

I need to be able to record. Ideally I would like to be able to view the recording from a PC (i.e over lan) rather than directly from the NVR recorder itself.

Can anyone recommend which kit to look at? Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
I've recently bought a HIKVision camera from ebay and was very impressed, it has POE and you can use it standalone or connect it to a NVR.

there are lots of different types, lots of the new ones have onboard SD card recording, POE and wifi, so very flexible options.

the onyl issue is they are not really easy to configure quickly out of the box, the settings and options are very comprehensive but you need to look at port forwarding on your router to get the phone app to work and the instructions aren;t great, but there are lots of instructional videos on youtube which show you how to do most things, I haven't managed to get the app working over 3g yet on my iphone, but I can view it on wifi at home.

also there may be issues if you buy Chinese imports, so you may want to stick to the UK models.

The newish Panasonic 4K cameras are incredible,

but if didn't come up on the lottery last week end give them a miss and consider a WV-SW 175, they have pan tilt and zoom,
record on an on board SD card, and now the 4K cameras are selling some of the 175s may start appearing on ebay.

Tim

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back