Looking to shadow someone for a while

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there. I am really interested in becoming a plasterer. Although i cant go on a full time college course because i also need to work to pay the bills!

Anyway, i was wondering if there are any plasterers in the Birmingham area that would be willing to take me on as an apprentice? Maybe just one day a week or one day here and there. Just so i can watch and learn. I can plasterboard, prep walls and mix the plaster no problem so i can definitely be a help to someone and not a burden.

If anyone thinks they could help me i would very much appreciate it.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
You claim to know something about the trade, so, if you are "really interested in becoming a plasterer" you would know that coming in and watching now and again would get you nowhere. How long would you expect to do this for, and then what?

If you are committed then you will go to any lengths, and make any sacrifice, to achieve your object. Starting with a brief CV, even for this kind of posting forum.

Plastering apprenticeships are like rocking horse sh#t you can try what I done years ago find someone who is advertising for a spread and then ring them up and ask of they would take an improver on, a family run plastering firm took my number and rung me up a few weeks later when they needed more hands, one of the best phone calls I ever made that was

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back