Looks like there

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • If it continues at that rate, we will have a third of a million immigrants a year
WE already have a third of a million migrants a year, The channel crossings make fractional difference.

And Brexit has reduced the net migration to UK, due to Brits and EU workers leaving.

Sponsored Links
as it doesn’t apply to the UK, it is a Brexit negative.

had we still been party to Dublin convention, we would’ve had some leverage over France for returning refugees arriving by boat.

Notch and JohnD you obviously didn't understand what I wrote, if you read it.
I'm not motivated to put it in words of one syllable, sorry.

It's pretty dense to try to criticise what I wrote by restating what I wrote, just in over-simplistic terms.

It's pretty dense to try to criticise what I wrote by restating what I wrote, just in over-simplistic terms.
Irrespective of what the Dublin Agreement, or any specific national laws say, a country cannot just deport any asylum seeker or refugee back to any other country, whether safe or not, without the specific agreement of the country to which the asylum seekers/refugees are to be transported to.
So the Dublin Agreement relies on mutual cooperation, and any supposed ability to transfer refugees back across borders requires bilateral agreement for each and every refugee.
There is no legal precedent nor law that allows a country to act unilaterally under any supposed law, because none exists.

There will be no conflict over this on the border of Belarus and Poland. There is too much at stake and as we’ve seen in the past few days, Putin made a deliberately public warning to Lukashenko on his threat of cutting off their gas pipelines into the EU. It sounds a bit worrying but in reality no war is on the horizon here. The future conflicts will be in the South China Sea, and beyond that, the wars over dwindling resources such as water.

As for migrants, I welcome them so long as the numbers are distributed equally across Europe and that total numbers are kept in check. In any state where the population grows artificially supporting masses of new people long-term will become a problem, both financially and culturally. Even more so, it is a fact (that even the BBC admit!) that most of the ‘waves’ of migrants are made up of young men and while they deserve a future just the same as any of us, it would be foolish to ignore the demographic. They could all be harmless, or this could be strategic… I had been doing some research on government-published crime statistics in Germany (after all, they admitted over 1 million in a year) and the crime figures relative to population group seem to be far higher than amongst German nationals. It also appears they often destroy their paperwork once in so that it is impossible to send them back home. There are lots of German Reddit discussions on this which are very interesting so long as you bear in mind the subjectivity.

Sponsored Links
WE already have a third of a million migrants a year, The channel crossings make fractional difference.

And Brexit has reduced the net migration to UK, due to Brits and EU workers leaving.

Dream on!

Military confrontation could well be
A possible / likely out come of this
Bell a Russian caper

it’s been described by the EU as
Hybrid warfare

I may well build a bomb shelter in my garden :cool:

dunno if IKEA do a flat pack version

I will also be stocking up on tinned
Grub
Candles
Batteries
Matches

nato have also issued a statement that they will support Ukraine in the event it kicks off there

could be war ?? Just after Christmas :cool:

get the first strike in imo

don’t forget a radio so as you know when it’s safe to come out your shelter ;)

Last edited:
don’t forget a radio so as you know when it’s safe to come out your shelter ;)
Hopefully your radio won't work and you'll stay in your hole for ever and a day, and the world will be a more peaceful place.

What you wrote is confused and contradicts itself.

this is what you wrote:

Within the EU the Dublin Declaration says states can return people to safe states from which they have come - though it's woolly.
The EU can say we've left so it doesn't apply, but then the EU is the last "place" the people came from. Therefore asylum could be refused on the basis that the EU is safe. In other words you can't claim to have nowhere else to go if you've just come from a safe place

what do you mean by this...it makes no sense.

You cant state that asylum seekers dont need to claim in their first safe country and go on to then claim UK can refuse asylum because they came from the EU which is a safe place

it cant be both, which is it?

The situation on the Polish border is being weaponised by the EU in order to initiate regime change in Belarus.
The EU has been trying to destabilise Belarus through sanctions to damage its economy and encouragement of political agitators.
The numbers of migrants on the Polish border is small fry compared to the numbers pushed by France into the UK.

The situation on the Polish border is being weaponised by the EU in order to initiate regime change in Belarus.
The EU has been trying to destabilise Belarus through sanctions to damage its economy and encouragement of political agitators.
For sure it was the EU that laid on planes to fly these people into Minsk. :rolleyes:
The migrants’ accounts also expand claims that Lukashenko’s military and others have key roles in moving people to the border .
Lukashenko’s regime — which is under E.U. sanctions — has eased entry requirements for arrivals from the Middle East and elsewhere who pay for Belarus-organized packages including visas, flights and hotels in Minsk before getting in taxis or buses to the border with Poland, an E.U. member state.
There, Belarusian border guards help migrants get though the border fence and into Poland, according to interviews with more than a dozen migrants detained in Poland or stuck in the forests along the border.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2021/11/13/belarus-migrants-europe-lukashenko-poland/
The overwhelming number of journalists all report the same thing.
You must be living in a fantasy world.

The numbers of migrants on the Polish border is small fry compared to the numbers pushed by France into the UK.
My God, you're even believing transam's hate filled posts now.
This proves that transam is a danger to normal society because idiots believe his nonsense and repost it.

What you wrote is confused and contradicts itself.

this is what you wrote:
"
Within the EU the Dublin Declaration says states can return people to safe states from which they have come - though it's woolly.
The EU can say we've left so it doesn't apply, but then the EU is the last "place" the people came from. Therefore asylum could be refused on the basis that the EU is safe. In other words you can't claim to have nowhere else to go if you've just come from a safe place"

what do you mean by this...it makes no sense.

You cant state that asylum seekers dont need to claim in their first safe country and go on to then claim UK can refuse asylum because they came from the EU which is a safe place

it cant be both, which is it?

You are assuming that because you don't understanding something (which you misquote ) it makes no sense.
Ha! Is that what you told your schoolteachers?
Don't be silly. "Silly" is far too polite.

"Which is it"?

Neither. That's too simpllstic. It's a dispute. There are arguments and counter arguments. It can be reasonably argued that the EU can't hold us to more forgiving acceptance obligations that are granted by their Dublin declaration. Which, I thought would be obvious, and has legal precendent as a principle, is why the Dd is very relevant even though it doesn't apply to the UK.
Equally we don't have to agree with that declaration or be bound by it. UK law (as cited) now has caselaw which is bad caselaw- it attempts to make a declaration of right(s) for all eventualities, but only covers some so it's likely to be challenged.
The first safe country a migrant arrives in, is a valid place to claim asylum and be granted refugee status. There's no question about that one. He will however, be arrested when he arrives in it, and any subsequent country, because his entry is illegal. You can't just wander across borders.
As with Poland, a country can refuse entry to someone who wanders into it. If a guy jumps the barbed wire, what happens? The response isn't "OK fine we'll process you," though some would like it to be so, he's sent back without anyone relevant getting up in arms about it - despite Angie's unfounded pronouncements.
If our wandering man gets into a third country, that country can object to the second for not stopping its illegals, and so on.

The more recent statements about what should be done with migrants (Dublin 3, the UK case), go into the problems of one country being overwhelmed, the migrant's wishes, and so on, but nothing is rigid. Further, they don't match the infrastructure that exists so the suggested theoretical procedures, can't happen.

Last edited:
My God, you're even believing transam's hate filled posts now.
This proves that transam is a danger to normal society because idiots believe his nonsense and repost it.
According to you asylum seekers shouldn't have to claim sanctuary in the first country they land in, instead you believe that asylum seekers should be able to claim sanctuary in a country of their own choosing, so why do you support the Polish government policy of refusing entry to asylum seekers who want to enter the EU.

According to you....

according to you, vinty, there is a law forbidding refugees to move to other countries

but you have never been able to find evidence of your imaginary law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back