Loose door handle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. All of a sudden the doorhandle in the pic below has become loose. Best way to describe it is that it feels like a spring inside has gone. The mechanism still works though. The escutcheon is rigid, just the handles that feel loose and the far off one is sitting lower down than it should. There are no screws anywhere on the handles, just the screws attaching the plate to the door.

A fixable problem or just 'get new'?

Many thanks for all suggestions.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that. I'm calling the plate attached to the door an escutcheon. Obviousy wrong...!

Hmm... Seems springs are hard to find. The consumer once again forced to buy a whole new part.

Sponsored Links
Ah, right. All I could see in Homebase were complete sets - handles, bit you screw to the door, connecting bar. Starting from about £7.

Is that what you meant? I know £7 isn't a lot, I just like being able to say "I fixed that!".

Regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back