Loose kitchen monobloc - again!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

Just wondering if anyone can tell me how to fit an Ikea monobloc so it won't come loose. I have now fitted two of these myself in two different properties and they have both come loose, ie. the long brass nut below comes loose and the taps swivel around annoyingly. As far as I remember it was fitted according to the Ikea instructions, but that didn't seem to stop this problem developing. I want it to be rock solid, and before I start taking it all apart I thought I would ask you kind people to see if you can shed some light.
I think it is the Stockvik tap with a s/steel sink and the hole was cut using their cutting tool.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Wrap a little PTFE tape around the stud's thread? Make sure it is tight enough, use a socket and extension to make it easier?

Sponsored Links
Hi MMJ
Thanks for previous help :D

Can you explain your signature as I keep racking my brain :)

BAHCO said:
Hi MMJ
Can you explain your signature as I keep racking my brain :)

Hello Mate!!!

we must stop meeting like this... people will talk... :p

And the sig... Linky ;)

Hahahah!
Wot a clanger... Just corrected my own sig!
'Marge' must have been a blend of Rose'M'ary and 'Sarge' :rolleyes:

BAHCO said:
Thanks for previous help :D
Was that all fixed in the end?
Don't think your emoticons were displayed in your emails?

Good God that brings back some memories from my childhood :D
The Banana Splits were my fave tho but they never put them on anymore :evil:
All the best

[quote="mildmanneredjanitor
Don't think your emoticons were displayed in your emails?[/quote]

I have given up on those******* emoticons.
I can send them to myself but it seems nobody else can receive them :evil:
You can't win them all :cry:
Cheers

Make sure the base of the tap is clean of grease.
Do the thing up as tight as possible then squirt sanitary silicone ( Evo Stik Nail and Seal is better) in under the curly E shaped washer (underneath) and round outside it.
Don't put silicone on before you start or the O ring will slip out of its groove.

(You often have to stretch the O ring to get it to stay in its groove in the forst place, but you knew that :oops: )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back