monobloc kitchen tap coming loose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there,
I have fitted a monobloc tap with single thread rod and nut it has a horse shoe washer as well.
The problem i am having is that the tap keeps on working loose i have done it up tight a few time now but it keeps on working it was loose,the swivel of the tap is quite stiff which i dint think is helping.
Now i have seen a product called split klick 3 that clams to help sucure the tap and was wondering if anybody has used them before?http://www.splitklick.com/monoblocsk3product.html
Does anybody else have this problem and have you fixed it and how?
all help appreciated cheers

Sponsored Links
I have seen them. Howdens the kitchen Wholesalers sell them for a £5

They also do a stand off bracket with helps too

Failing that threadlock the nut on but it could make it harder when you need to change it

Sponsored Links
Have you got the rubber washer under the horse shoe washer, it can make quite a difference to the gripability.

oh yes i think i have seen one of them but i have the flexi hoses and not copper so i dont think that would help out doh.I do have the rubber washer there to all though it didnt look all that good.

oh yes i think i have seen one of them but i have the flexi hoses and not copper so i dont think that would help out doh.I do have the rubber washer there to all though it didnt look all that good.

Try taking the rubber o ring to a decent wholesalers and see if they have one the same

Failing that I would threadlock the thing on

FWIW using proper copper tails on the tap instead of hoses helps with stability.

A good quality silicone under the tap usually sorts it.

Done it loads of times. It's a very thin layer so loses its rubberyness.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back