Loose screws in composite door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At least I think that's what you call them... maybe MDF or something? Not wood anyway... so the doors are quite old now (maybe 30 years), and the screws holding the furniture on are very loose, so you can nearly pull the handle off the door sometimes.

I've read one or two other threads here about gluing matchsticks, dowels etc in, then refitting the screws, but wondered if rawl plugs might work?

Anybody know if the bit where the screws go in is hollow or solid? Thought I might use cavity plugs if hollow...

20240117_180037.jpg

Sponsored Links
If the door is hollow then the best door furniture fixings are 'Sex Bolts' as per Foxhole.

Link

If the screws are going into the frame then the choice is drill through and Sex Bolts or glue a matchstick or similar into the hole and put t he wood screws back.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back