Loose toilet flush handle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought this flush handle only few months ago from a local DIY shop and now the handle has become loose.

I have tried to tighten the lever nut but it does not fit properly and becomes loose again.
What are my options?

Shall I try to get a metal/brass level nut and see if that works?
Would want to avoid buying the full handle.

Any ideas will be appreciated.
thanks

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-11-24 at 11.56.07 pm.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-11-24 at 11.56.07 pm.jpeg
    288.6 KB · Views: 58
Sponsored Links
Looks like it might be threaded which I’d say you be knackered getting it to tighten back on again, it’ll be easier to just replace it I’m pretty sure they’re only a few quid.

Dismantle it and clean up the thread if you can. Run the nut up and down the thread, hopefully you'll get it moving freely.

Then, perhaps reassemble and when threading back up, try a turn or two if PTFE tape if you have it.
If not, a wind or two of cotton thread might help the thread.

Else its a new one.

You've stuffed something uo though with this one so make sure you fit a new one properly.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all the replies.
I did use cotton thread. Nut is a bit tight now but still does not screw to the end of cistern. It becomes loose.
Most probably need to get a new one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back