Loose Window Handles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi experts,

Several of the handles on my double glazed PVC windows have become loose. At least two of the handles have become so loose they feel as though they may come right off.

For the life of me I can find no handle screws to tighten, and there are no cover plates that I can see. I believe the windows were installed by Everest about 10 to 15 years, before we bought the property.

I attach a couple of photos to give you a bit more info. All ideas welcome!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Wow, never seen handles like it :eek: but unless they're held on with double sided tape ;) then my guess is the back plate comes away (with the handle in the locked position) to reveal the screws

Excellent - you are right!

The back plate does come off to reveal 4 screws. All handles are secure now.

Cheers

I do not think that these are Everest handles. I have a customer who needs keys for the same handle and have tried all the five different Everest keys without success.
Could you please tell me the code stamped on the bow of the key that works your handle. (or a picture of the bow).
Thank you.
DC

Sponsored Links
Hi William in Surrey. On the off-chance you get an alert to this thread, even though these posts are years old... I have the same window handles as you (via Everest) but in white, supplied in 2001. Everest refer to the handles as "MK3 design x" where x has various values - but the handles all look identical to me! Apart from left and right handed versions ... and any key supplied fits any lock... I now have lots of loose handles and can't access the screws to tighten them up. Can anyone explain how to access the screws? Everest charge £70/hr to come out to look!

Get a knife or a sharp implement and with the handle pointing down (locked) pry the backplate towards you away from the window

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back