Lose laff and plaster ceiling?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Ive recently started renovating my lounge, ive removed the old coving and decided to skim the ceiling. There is small bumped artex on the ceiling and im going to plaster straight over that, problem is...

Most of the ceiling when you push on it, its solid but a few parts there is some movement. I dont know what to do about the lose parts of the ceiling. I really didnt want to board it and was wondering if anyone has any ideas? Maybe plaster board screws to pin it back up to the beams?

Thanks alot :D

Sponsored Links
Do you mean loose as in sagging a bit in areas? If so then I would go for your idea. I'm no expert in this field so hopefully a pro will be along to give some clarification

OK, thanks, to be honest looking at it now, theres only one area that theres give in, and there is sag however you cant even tell theres any as its not dropped that much at all. I just wanted to know if fixing a few screws up is a good idea as i dont want my plaster cracking when ive applied it. Thanks again

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back