Losing my screed-cherry....any confirmers and advice much appreciated!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all,

Been working on a nice little outbuilding project for a friend. It was built to shell stage then I've come in two years later to insulate/board/electrics/floor.

Has a 500mm concrete slab, been down over 2 years, on top of a dpm.

Have dropped the 25mm wall celotex all the way down to act us upstand for cold bridging. VCL over wall celotex.

Blinded floor a little , to take out few minor low spots. 100mm celotex down, taped joints.

VCL over top, and joint taped to wall VCL.

Idea being this week to lay a 65mm sand cement screed. Going to add fibres to mix.

Question 1) should I add a plasticiser/admixture? Even an accelerator to aid drying time?

Question 2) one doorway, leading from 18m2 to 3m2 area....currently large foot plate from partition wall there....best to cut out and replace with 100mm PIR for continuity? Was wondering whether to put a slither of 25mm celotex in vertically as a break for the two floors to (hopefully) prevent any cracking.

I'll establish highest point on floor first. Then use levelled battens as screed guide. Tamp and float off.

Finally, what sort of drying times should i expect to walk on/ and lay a laminate flooring? Was hoping 24hrs/6weeks respectively.

Thanks very much in advance for any pointers or clarification.....im very methodical and thorough with my work, would like to check with others first! Gotta start somewhere....:)

Deano

Sponsored Links
Hi can anyone help Re. Q1 above in particular?

Many thanks

Dean

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back