installation of click LVT floor on a self levelling anhydrite screed - precautions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are having our 1990 built bungalow extended and renovated. The new 150mm concrete subfloor was laid in October.

The existing floor was stripped back to the concrete subfloor.

The subfloor was lined with VCL with 75mm Celotex on the new subfloor and 40mm on the existing.

Underfloor heating was installed through-out with 50mm of anhydrite self levelling screed poured on the 14th of December.

The bungalow didn't have any windows fitted until 10th of January so it was pretty well ventilated during that time.

The heat pump was installed on January 17th. Since January 18th it has been running a drying program where the water temperature in the underfloor heating system is ramped up progressively for 7 days to 45C and back down again for the next 7 days.

After the end of the drying program I intend to run the heating to achieve a constant indoor temperature of 18C.

On 7th of February, I have arranged to start the installation of the kitchen and bathrooms.

On 22nd of February, I have arranged to have click LVT flooring installed in all but the two bedrooms. The bedrooms will be carpeted.

Does this plan seem OK to you? Are there any precautions I should be taking?

From the 3rd day into the drying program there has been no condensation anywhere in the building.

I intend to start duct taping squares of polythene to the floor over-night and start checking for damp patches.

I am slightly concerned that the floor fitter does not possess a moisture meter. I have been trying to find somewhere I can hire a hood hygromoter, so far without success. Any recommendations? I would appreciate your advice.

Sponsored Links
If you can't find somewhere that will hire you a hygrometer, will they hire a protimeter ? I to am surprised that the floor layer does'nt possess or have access to the correct tools to measure moisture content in the subfloor. Click LVT does have a tolerance to back ground moisture and your plans sound sensible, but without testing the floor it's all a bit of a risk.

How big is the room?... would think at 50mm screed you'll be good to lay the floor by the 22nd.

Is it having any underlay?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back