Losing pressure in CH system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My CH system loses half a bar in pressure every week. I cannot find any leaks from Radiators or anywhere in the system. The boiler is under 12 months old as is most of the piping and rads( there are 5 older rads and piping and the system has furnox ). The pressuer cylinder has been pushed up to 2.5bar on advice ( system says max is 3 ) and no leaks apparent but pressure loss means if I go away for 2 weeks and put the system on night operation (7degs c ) then the boiler over temp switch pops out even though the pressure has only dropped to 1 bar. Anyone got any ideas where I go from here?

Sponsored Links
better explaination would help for a start :idea:
Sorry old chap I thought I was quite articulate can you explain whats missing please. No sign of water loss brand new condensing boiler plastic and metal pipes no sign of anything other than fast loss of pressure. I think I am going to try some sealant added to the system now to see if that helps. But if you can ask me what you need to know I will rspond and thanks for taking the trouble to answer

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back