losing pressure worcester 24cdI

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Im losing pressure at the rate of about half a bar over two weeks and have to top the system back up to 1.5 bar. Assuming its a leak in the loop I discounted any leak upstairs as it would show through the plaster ceiling as a stain, and I have had the floorboards up underneath all the rads downstairs and they are bone dry.Could any of you experienced guys let me know 1. how much water that equates to over two weeks and 2. could I be losing it within the boiler condensation or steaming away etc. Yhe boiler is a worcester 24CDI

Sponsored Links
Slight leak like this is probably due to any number of rad valves leaking as they are rarely changed when going to a sealed system from an open vented.The place they leak from is the gland, to check remove the plastic heads & feel aroung all rad valve glands (when system cold) if fingers damp there is your answer

How old is your boiler, we have about 300 24cdi`s on our service round and are finding the presuure vessels are going on the older ones.
Usually at about the 5 year mark.

Sponsored Links
yeh thanks for the reply guys I should have mention it was a complete new system boiler and installation of rads and pipes now coming up to 5 years. so that possibly means the rad valves should be ok. But if there is a possibility it is the boiler I believe I have a five year warranty on the boiler from the installing company so I will get it checked out before it expires. thanks again[/u]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back