Loss of hot water pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For the last month or so I've had problems with the hot water pressure in my flat.

We have a fairly old conventional boiler, hot water tank in loft and a cold water tank also in loft.

Up until recently there were no issues but about a month ago the hot water pressure dropped so much it takes an hour to run a bath and if I try and run the kitchen tap at the same time the hot water stops running at all.

The heating is fine and the water temperature is fine its just the pressure.

I've not made any modifications to the system either.

There is a BOSCH BOILER PUMP TYPE UPS 15 - 50 TTAO connected to the boiler, could this be broken? Would this explain the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Worcester Bosch ar'nt really considered old boilers. Your hot water flow/pressure as nothing to do with the boiler. sound more like a blockage in the cold water tank feeding the cylinder.

Its not a worchester bosch boiler.

There is a bosch boiler pump fitted.

Has the cold water tank in your loft got a lid on? does the water inside the tank look clean/clear?

Sponsored Links
I dont think it has a lid. I'll check the water colour tomorrow and report back!!

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back