hot water flow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Just fitted new bath, teed of 22mm to new bath for hot and cold..
hot water flow is now very poor to the bath..
downtstairs kitchen hot water is alot better but maybe not quite what it used to be..

system is open fire back boiler with hot water tank in airing cpd on first floor and open vented tank in loft above the cylinder...

when we moved in a few months back we went to run a bath and it only seemed to run about a quarter of a bath before the hot water basically stopped to run...

2 months later i've drained the system and changed and installed the new bath...
and all we get is a real bad flow rate from hot and perfectly fine from the cold as its main fed right up to the loft tank...
i also noticed when i drained the hot water down till it stopped before installing bath, then turned everything back on we had heaps of hot water still (instantly) like the tank never fully drained...

could it be some kind of airlock causing this flow problem?.

i've checked the taps and they are suitable for low pressure and there clean inside...

all valves etc are also open fully..

any ideas?

Sponsored Links
've checked the taps and they are suitable for low pressure
WHat's their spec?

Could be an air lock - plenty here, do a search.

HW tanks do not empty when you turn their supply off.
If you drained from the drain cock on it but not a lot came out, it could be full, and I mean full, of limescale, if you're in a very hard water area.

hi there
not in aa hard water area atall.. (in north scotland)
dunno the exact spec of taps, i`m at work at the moment. 0.01b or somthing rings a bell..
o i thought the tanks would completely drain....
could it be that the cold tank above it is not filling it quick enough?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back