Loss of pressure in upstairs hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. First time posting, although I’ve always found this forum really helpful and it’s helped out a lot in the past.
Anyway...

Last week I replaced our kitchen mixer tap. While doing this, I shut off the mains supply. There was still a solid trickle of water so I tried turning off the hot water on our Hive, and ran the upstairs taps. This seemed to do the trick and I was able to replace the tap without too much fuss.

However, since then the hot water upstairs has been much lower, most noticeably when running the mixer shower. The cylinder pressure looked like it had dropped to around 0.5 bars so I topped back up to 2 using the filling loop. This didn’t seem to make any difference though and the showers are still very weak.

Any suggestions?

(We’re in a three storey house, around 6 years old. Our system has a cylinder and expansion tank in the first floor airing cupboard and a boiler in kitchen).

thanks in advance everyone

Sponsored Links
Bit confusing ,is your hot water cylinder pressurised ? What is the expansion tank feeding ? Or are you referring to an expansion vessel ?

What’s the cold like upstairs?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back