Loss of pressure - where's the leak??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - guessing people have hit this before - have done a quick search and can't find a recommendation....

My boiler, Worcester 28CDi, is suffering from a loss of pressure, and has been for the last year (since I bought the house) - perhaps 0.2 bar every week... There are no obvious leaks around the house or the boiler which I'd expect to be evident by now, I obviously don't want to rip up the floorboards - but am a little worried....

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Hi are you getting gas in the radiators which needs to be released?
If you are then it is corrosion which is reducing the pressure."iron radiators + water = iron oxide + hydrogen" the hydrogen being gaseous can be squeezed to reduce the water pressure. If this all applies you need to add system conditioner Fernox or Sentinel X100

another thought is that small leaks on radiators evaporate before they're noticed, except when the system is cold.

Sponsored Links
AAV maybe?... iv found them to leaks on 24/28i....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back