Pressure loss - not sure why

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone. I'm hoping someone can help please.

Recently a pipe came off one of our radiators (long story!), water everywhere - but not all the water in the system came out. Pipe fixed, no more leak. Had to top boiler up a couple of time, understandable.

However, we have kept experiencing pressure loss - goes from 1.0 bar to .8 bar over a week, consistently. Pressure gauge is not going high and can't see any water coming out of outlet pipe. Radiators have been bled.

I know the obvious answer is - there's another leak, but, the boiler (Gas combi) had worked perfectly for the entire 18months prior(new install), no pressure loss, nothing - until this recent leak. I've checked all valves for leaks, no patches on ceilings. If it is another leak it's a huge coincidence.

Just wanted to ask for some advice on here before getting someone out, so I have a bit of of knowledge behind me.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Aav inside the boiler could be weeping. (if it has one) heat inside the boiler evaporating the drip away before it shows outside the boiler casing.
Absolute guess

Thank you, it's one thing to get an engineer to check out. I'll see what others respond with too

Sponsored Links
Thanks for replies. I was so hoping it's not a leak. As if one wasn't bad enough! Might have to be an insurance job to find it I think

Did the person doing the repair use the boiler prv to drain the system? If so it is probably dribbling out of the pressure relief valve.

No, the system was not drained when original leak occurred. Pipe came off, dumped water everywhere and then stopped (does a vacuum/airlock form somewhere? Not sure of this), pipe re-attached and system re-filled from filling loop

Thanks for your input everyone, much appreciated. I just wanted to rule everything out before going down the leak route ☹️

An update - after much searching, plumber found the leak - was a pinhole from old copper pipe dripping onto main flow pipe which was drying it up - thus no ceiling mark! All fixed now and hopefully that's the end of it.

Thank you for all your help (y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back