Lost HDMI ports

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
I have a Sony Bravia 49' tv.
A few weeks ago had a power surge which damaged my phone and router which were replaced.
Some days later my HDMI port for my Sky box went to no signal so i changed to another port and all was good for a while until that to went
to no signal. Now all 4 ports have gone the same my question is is this something that can be fixed or board changed?
Regards
Colin

Sponsored Links
Might be worth signing up & looking at this.

Sponsored Links
Have you tried another cable?

I know it sounds daft but it's a worthwhile check before it starts getting costly.

Have you tried another cable?

I know it sounds daft but it's a worthwhile check before it starts getting costly.
Yes first thing i done plus i got a smaller tv that is plugged in now with no issues. Will try a firmware update tomorrow and if that doesn't
work will pull the back off and go from there.

Well update didn't work although i wasn't expecting it to. I think main board has gone and managed to order one from ebay with a 3 month warranty so just waiting for delivery which could be a few days. Doesn't seem anything suspicious on the board not sure if they can be repaired.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back