Lost key need to buy a new lock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Used this site for ages but never needed to register as I always found an answer, now I need your help :) We have lost the key to the patio door and need to buy a new handle/lock please help me identify the lock as I can't find one online.

Picture of lock

lock1.JPG

lock2.JPG

Thanks

Sully

Sponsored Links
Any markings or make on the lock, what does the key say on it (if its original). What make is the patio door,if known?

No markings on the lock or the patio door. It is a sliding wood patio door and the lock bit you see in the image is a pin lock and stops you swiveling the handle to undo the latches.
I will have to drill the lock out but need to know where to get a replacement. Hoping I can just replace just the lock barrel.

Sully

Unlikely you'll be able to replace the barrel. best bet is to get a locksmith in to pick the lock open (shouldn't present any problems), and they can then advise on a suitable replacement.

Sponsored Links
I have picked the lock with some lock picks bought online, bit shocked how easy it was.
Going to take the lock to a locksmiths on monday to get a key made.

Thanks for all your help

Sully

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back