Lottery to fund the Olympics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
That's me finished with my twice weekly spend. So many worthy causes have to rely on charity to get by and are refused lottery assistance yet the Government are quite happy to plunder 2.2 billion quid to fund this farce. They'll be using it to prop up their over-inflated salaries next. Don't you just want to grab the b******s by the throat and give them a damn good shaking.

Sponsored Links
I completely agree.

The whole debacle reminds me of the Not The 9 O'clock News "Stubbs The Builder" sketch. :evil:

Not familiar with NTNON. I'd wish for this lot to get the boot but we'd only get another heap of s**t in their place. We're not angry enough, so they think they can get away with murder. Look at the French, they know how to demonstrate. And the muslims. Print a dodgy book or picture and they're out on the streets. We just sit back and take it. Are we really that soft as a nation or is it the "I'm alright Jack" attitude. If the latter I find that hard to believe cos this Government is out to screw everybody.

What annoys me the government don't mind spending money,6billion,on these Olympics but to save money they closes military hospitals for our wounded servicemen.

Sponsored Links
Had any of you expected something else then? Every 4 years it is the same: which ever country/city wins the bet, the budget goes out of the window.

(Real exact figures before the 'betting' starts wouldn't give any country/city the support to 'go-for-it')

Back