loud high pitched noise coming from wlx RS60 boiler !

our gas meter down the side of garage outside just going out to check it now..

Sponsored Links
gas meter seems to be ok hardly moving..but noise has just stopped this second...but do we dare to switch anything back on ? maybe not a good idea i think will try and go to sleep now! thankyou so much for all of your help when we get to the bottom of it will let you know. nite.

Strange power up the rest of your house except your heating/hw first.

If its all silent then go to turn your system on, the front of your boiler the boiler stat turn him off switch the system on and let it run for 10-30mins or so see if it makes the noise if it dont whack the boiler on and let the hw get all nice and hot, then the central heating testing each circuit of your system.

This will help prove if any part of the system makes a noise ie you switch on to hw and it goes like mad and central heating is cold you can trace it to check out all the hot water system and see why its doing it.

Quite possible by one of those weird things

Have done everything you suggested..so far no noise hot water is on and the rads have now all come on too, the thermostat in the boiler was on 6 the highest setting since putting it back on i have put it at 4 would this make a difference or am i just delaying the noise?! Anyway fingers crossed at the moment. Thanks so much for your help. Regards L&L

Sponsored Links
depends on your system design but the average age of the boiler and wear and tear mid range on the boiler stat is reasonable higher setting could cause the boiler to get hot and become noisy if the heat exchanger is scaled up.

Sorry didn't reply earlier was on a night shift. touch wood no noise yesterday, none as yet today. I can't thankyou you enough for your help it was most appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back