Loud noise on new Torbeck float valve?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I fitted a Torbeck top entry toilet cistern float valve today.The customer is complaining of an intermitant groaning sound.I fitted the 1-4 bar restrictor.The pressure isnt that high.When i fitted it first of all I didnt fit any restricter and it made a very loud noise when the float stopped the water.

Do i need to fit the high restrictor even though the pressure isn't that high?I havent put a gauge the main but I know from experience that I'm only getting around a bar or less at the kitchen sink.

Sponsored Links
Turn the washer over or fit a new one.

If it's a new valve take it back, and ask them where to send the bill for your time.

it made a very loud noise when the float stopped the water.
Does that happen when a tap is turned off? Probably water hammer which will have nothing to do with the Torbeck valve.

TOP entry?

doitall said:
and ask them where to send the bill for your time
Opella Ltd, but after the valve has gone back, they've examined it, claim there's nothing wrong with it, asked you if you want it back and ask you to pay carriage for its return, you'll ask yourself "was it was worth the bother".

Fit a Fluidmaster PRO series inlet valve.

The valve is new.The old valve(which has no brand name on it)didn't have the problem?
Just a faulty valve then?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back