Torbeck valve - noisy pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently fitted a torbeck toilet valve and with it came a plastic flow restrictor which I also used. For a few months I have had no problems but just recently I have started getting a terrible grinding noise from the pipe. This noise stops when I flush the toilet or run the cold tap at the sink, but as soon as the cistern has filled or I urn the tap off the noise comes back. I am assuming that it is the pressure in the pipe that is causing the noise - but not totally sure
Does anybody have any idea what it could be. I am tempted to undo all my hardwork and remove the flow restrictor and see if that stops the loud noise but would welcome any opinions or ideas!!

Sponsored Links
I love Torbecks, but they are very sensitive to dirt or grit. You could take yours out and make sure it's clean. Trial assemble it afterwards in good light as it has a tiny pin that fits in a hole, and a plastic nib.

I hate Torbecks.and prefer Fluidmaster.just to add balance to the debate ;)

Sponsored Links
Torbecks often seem to shut with a clonk which everyone hears.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back