Torbeck Valve pain!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone describe clearly how a Torbeck inlet valve works as I have a constantly filling one in a cistern?
It fills, then just as you think its going to stop...it keeps hissing away and overflows the toilet cistern. Yes I have had it apart and see no sign of dirt or wear.
I have had it running without restrictor and with it in (plastic comb included).

Sponsored Links
suggestion

Save your time and fit a new one. You only hav to swap over the front parts.

Maybe you have put it together wrong (like the pin) or lost a bit. If it used to work and now doesn't is has surely got damaged. If it never worked it must have been put in wrong. Presumably you have checked the float is fitted right and is pushing on the end.

the new one will come with the diagram so you can have a look.

I am surprised you say it hisses as they are practically inaudible.

I will not be defeated (well maybe this time) and want to know why these quite simple devices can be awkward?
The holes in the valve seem too fine and could be taken down quite easily by some dirty water/particle etc? Although mine is as clean as a whistle.

....that's why they have a removable filter incorporated.

I have only had the problem where the filter had been damaged. Good old Opela sent me some new ones free :)

Are you going to say if it dribbled from new or has become faulty with age?

Sponsored Links
then I think you must have fitted it wrong. Have you compared the assembly with the diagram? Is the water coming out of the top and down the poly tube? Is it upside down? Is the cap cross-threaded?

Worked for a few days then customer called me back to fix it. Fitted restrictor (as water presure was low anyway) and still leaks from centre of blue nut. Tried slacker...tried tighter...took apart main diaphram parts...still the same?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back