Loud Radiators

Ok, that sounds not too complicated. I'll ask my hubby to help to see if we can get this system balanced then. I can see how that will help with stopping the radiators from being scorching hot downstairs, but do you think it will help with the noise?

Sponsored Links
Point taken. Thank you for the advice. You've certainly been more helpful than our Installer! Fingers crossed this all works. Thanks again! Lisa

DO NOT adjust the pump speed it is set at that for a reason, as previous posters have advised your system needs balancing and possibly range rating any decent installer should know how to do this and should do it at the time of the install

Sponsored Links
No, I would never attempt to adjust the pump (i wouldn't even know where to look to be fair!) What does range rating mean?

when your boiler left the factory the central heating output will be set at maximum (not something you can adjust) when the boiler is installed the installer is supposed to calculate the required heat load and then adjust the boiler accordingly but sadly very few do and unless you have a massive system its very unlikely you need the boiler to be set at maximum, true the boiler will modulate down by itself as the system gets hotter but you waste so much energy waiting for this to happen, the noise you are hearing is water rushing through the small orifices in the radiator valves and gets amplified by the metal of the radiator, its not hard to fix for someone who knows how to balance the system properly, you could do it yourself , there is a guide on how to on here, but you will need and RGI to range rate it for you, but as I said your installer should do this for free

Thank you very much for your advice. I'll keep trying to contact my installer and I will tell him what you have said. If I don't get hold of him soon, I think I will have to pay another plumber to do this :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back